Pages

RSS

Monday, February 11, 2008

Happy adult, fact or fiction?

The writing bug is just not bitting tonight, maybe I threw her out with the excess that was in my crawl space.

Here I am on to organizing and today was my linen closet. I will tell you the funnest thing happen today, I realized that I am becoming happy. Yeah I know what you are thinking, why wasn't I happy before. Well my friend two things come to mind. One, I thought I was and two, I think because I was holding on too tight to the past.

This weeks lesson for me was this; getting rid of old emotional baggage is good. I don't know why because it seems so clear now but I thought that I could hold on to everything from my past (good and not so good) and still be able to open my arms to the future. I feel so SO much more free now and for the first time in a long time was very entertained by something simple again. (I read about a way to keep your bedding organized - put the sheets and pillow cases into an extra pillow case.) This little tiny bit of knowledge was so inspirational for me that I have decided to make/sew my very own bedding holders. The point here being that I found joy, true joy, from something small again.

I don't know when I stopped being filled with happiness but I am glad to say it's on its way back. My husband is cynical by nature and I think that perhaps, being that I am so sensitive, I took this into my own personality. Recently when I noticed my son picking up on this too, I knew something had to change. I am happy that I will now be a positive influence for my son, showing him that you can be happy and an adult all at the same time. :o)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good words.