Pages

RSS

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day 1 continued (really day 3 but who's counting)

Today was all about cleaning out old clutter. Chris and I spent most of the day going through boxes and boxes of stuff starting with our kids' old baby clothes, something I have been dreading for years. Chris brought me 5 or 6 large boxes (one huge) and I sorted all of them and kept only 1 small box!! woo whoo! I did it. I know there are more under there that he just didn't see but I tackled what I had in front of me and that is all that matters. Then after moving so quickly through the baby clothes we moved on to our old clothes and then onto packed clutter. I am happy to say that we ended up weeding out much more than we kept, and a good majority of it went to Good Will. I think I have two boxes no maybe three downstairs right now total and small boxes at that.

So today was a good, albeit a very exhausting, day of getting rid of unneeded items. It is amazing the things we hold on to, afraid to let it go, afraid that someday somewhere if the world falls apart we may need this or that - how we would find it is beyond me but we keep it and for a time it makes us feel safe, secure and prepared. I think that all it really does is tie us to the past and in doing so keeps us from moving forward but maybe that is what we were really afraid of in the first place.

0 comments: